An awesome opportunity exists for a creative, experienced and organised Menswear Designer to join the motivated team at Lush Productions.
Based in Cheltenham, Melbourne, Lush Productions is a distributor/licensee servicing the skate, surf and street wear lifestyle markets. Housing brands such as Santa Cruz, Independent, HUF, Creature and Dark Seas, we pride ourselves on our professional, but relaxed culture.
Reporting to the Brand Manager, the successful applicant must have at least 5 years experience in a similar role, and enjoy the challenges and pace of the action sports industry.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Designing, and developing menswear/youth apparel and accessory ranges in line with the company’s brand direction, timelines, quality expectations and financial targets
• Researching upcoming market trends, influences and colour palettes
• Maintaining constant awareness of the Skate/Surf market, competitor activities, consumers tastes and retail trade
• Creating garment specifications & technical drawings using Illustrator
• Communicating with offshore/local factories
• Sourcing and developing new fabrics & trims
• Monitoring the sampling process ensuring critical timelines are adhered to
• Setting up initial size specs
• Measuring and fitting garments
• Approval of lab dips, print & embroidery strike offs
• Liaising with Major retail buyers regarding any SMU requirements
The ideal candidate for this job needs to be hands on, efficient and self-motivated.
They will have good commercial acumen, a solid knowledge of the skate and surf markets, and upcoming trends, and the ability to translate this into forward commercial designs.
They must also have a detailed knowledge of garment construction and production methods to ensure high quality and correct fit is achieved. They must have an eye for detail, and the ability to manage multiple priorities whilst working to deadlines.
Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop is a must.
If you feel you are the right person for this job, then please apply by forwarding your application to email@example.com by 16th July 2018.
We thank everyone in advance for their application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted up to two weeks after the closing date.